7 Reasons Why Small Weddings are Better
Getting married is typically no walk in the park. Planning for a wedding usually takes a year or less but probably not less than a few months, unless you decided to have a small wedding. A traditional wedding means you have to prepare a lot of things months before the actual event, everything from planning your guest list and entourage to looking for the perfect venue, caterers, entertainers, wedding cake, dress, invitation and the list goes on.
Can you imagine all the preparations you have to make for a one-day event? Planning a traditional wedding not only takes time but it can become very stressful too because it tends to be more about the reception and partying and not the marriage. No wonder small destination weddings are trending nowadays for more reasons than one.
1. Time Efficient – As I mentioned, traditional weddings takes time to prepare but when you decide to get married sometimes you just want to make it happen right away, especially if you have been together for too long and you do not want to waste any more time planning and preparing for the event. Having a small wedding makes it possible to get married in less than a month and skip most of the usual preparations that take time, such as looking for the perfect venue, considering the number of guest you have to invite and other trivial matters. Instead, you can focus on what really is important and that is to tie the knot.
2. Less Stress – Since planning for a wedding takes time, it is also possible that conflicts will arise between you and your partner or from other people involved with the planning. There would likely be disagreement on want to do or not do during the wedding, who will be invited or not and extra opinions that might pop up during the course of the wedding preparation. To keep these unwanted scenarios from happening, you can simply have a more romantic and intimate wedding by choosing the best wedding destination that suits you, inviting only your closest family/friends and sealing the deal. You will be more relaxed and focused on your wedding day than you would be otherwise.
3. No Conflicting Schedule –You never know what can happen during a long wedding preparation, which can make it hard to pick the best date to get married. Conflict of schedules can be a dilemma, especially for couples who wish to have a destination wedding. While planning, there are more people to consider, those who can make it or not and sometimes you just have to deal with the conflicting schedule when you should have focused more on how the two of you will spend your special day. It is even possible for the wedding date will be moved. This is why small weddings are better, aside from the huge amount of stress you can eliminate, you can also avoid conflict in schedule by not dealing with it at all.
4. Private and Personal – All your guests in one photo? Why not! Having only the most important people in your life to celebrate your wedding day gives you more opportunity to interact with them during the celebration. Unlike the typical wedding wherein you need to hop from one table to another just to greet everyone (which can take longer if you have a huge guest list), at a small wedding the involvement with your guest will be more up close and personal. Everyone is at ease, there is more freedom and more photos taken together! Say no to unwanted guests and unfamiliar faces.
5. More Unique – Some unique wedding ideas are better executed when you have less to decorate. You can have more time to add personal touches, DIY some wedding decorations and invitations, plus you can put more attention to hand written thank you notes after. Aside from that, you can certainly have a unique and unconventional wedding venue and get married on a boat, streetcar, tree house, museum, plantation house, national park and even in the streets of your favorite city surrounded by the people you love most. You have more freedom to choose a theme for your wedding that will suit your personality and at the same time make it more memorable.
6. Budget Friendly – Why spend more money for your wedding day when you can save it for later to jump-start your married life. You can eliminate unnecessary expenditures when you choose to have a small wedding because the small number of guest will positively cut your expenses on food, outfits, hair and make-up etc., without compromising the quality of service. You can save more by spending less on wedding favors, decorations, extra entertainment and larger wedding venues which can also be expensive. Plus, there are a lot of affordable and excellent wedding packages for small weddings like this HERE.
7. Eco Friendly – Yes, smaller weddings are more friendlier to the environment than you think. This is an advantage especially if you are a minimalist. Parties create a ton of trash, and a wedding is no exception. However, with a small wedding you can definitely cut down the trash from the wedding invites alone. Smaller venue and fewer guests can mean less wedding paraphernalia’s and less waste. It is even easier to choose more sustainable wedding ideas and you’ll be more likely to find affordable organic and specialty catering.
Sometimes you can lose sight of what’s really important when your wedding preparation becomes overwhelming. A wedding is no longer a celebration of marriage when it is not as sentimental as it should be but more of a production. At the end of the day what matters is not the luxurious venue, expensive wedding gown, the guest list and everything else. It is about the couple and the wonderful memories created on their special day. Sharing the momentous event and capturing them behind the lens is just as magical as the occasion itself and you can check out some stunningly captured small wedding moments HERE.
If you have any questions about eloping or need some sound advice, feel free to email us at: info@ElopeToNola.com